[OpenSER-Users] Crashes with OpenSER and RTP Proxy

Samuel Muller samuel at 720.fr
Fri Jun 27 11:02:57 CEST 2008

Hello all,

This e-mail to find some help, i'm desperate.

I've many stability problems, when using RTP Proxy + OpenSER.
Maybe it's hardware, maybe ... I really don't know.

-> Infos :

Server : Dell PowerEdge dual Xeon, 2 GB RAM, PERC 6i RAID card.

OS: i tried all these one :
. ubuntu gutsy
. ubuntu hardy
. debian etch
. debian lenny (actually running)
the problems are the same on each distro.
it's AMD64 architecture-based :
Linux 2.6.18-6-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Jun 6 05:24:08 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I need mySQL, NAT, and Radius support (Radiator used).
I compilated as indicated, to enable in the acc module the support of
Radius.
I used the libradius (radiusclient-ng 0.5.6), and tried too with the
libradius-ng2.

sources :
http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:make-debian-packages
http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:backport-debian-source-package
and some related websites like voip-info.org, ...

then, i tried these pairs :
RTP Proxy 1.02 + OpenSER 1.3.1 : crash
RTP Proxy 1.02 + OpenSER 1.3.2 : crash (actually running)
RTP Proxy 1.1 + OpenSER 1.3.1 : crash
RTP Proxy 1.1 + OpenSER 1.3.2 : crash

But, at each first running, all works fine : NAThelper, Radius, mySQL.
Registrations are ok, accounting tickets and mySQL requests too, calls are
fine, ...

And when i changed one line of config, for example, an AVP value, it crashes
at restart or just at the start, for different reasons each time.
The processes become ghosts, or never restart, etc...
See all the debug files in attached files - in this case, it's the NAThelper
who crashed - but sometimes it works really fine ... even if i don't touch
any configuration.

If you need more infos, or another kind of crash, no pbm ...

Many thanks to all for any suggestions, this situation makes me crazy.

Samuel MULLER