[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER and MySQL cpu utilization question

John Barry jbarry74 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 00:03:25 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am using OpenSER 1.3.0 with digest authentication (MySQL database) in a multiprocessor machine (4 CPU). When using OpenSER configured with one child. I have noticed that OpenSER process can reach a maximum CPU utilization of 70% while the MySQL DB reaches around 30% CPU utilization (100% in total). Tipically the OpenSER process and the MySQL process will be using the same processor. However, this behavior happens also if I forced each processor to use different processors (using processor affinity).

My question is why the OpenSER and the DB processes can't use more CPU time if they are running in independent processors (they behave as if they were running in a single processor). What is the dependency/relationship between the OpenSER and MySQL processes?

Thanks,
JB