[OpenSER-Users] when openser starts - mi_fifo reports "pkg_malloc cannot allocate any more memory"

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jul 15 16:53:03 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 15 July 2008, Christian Koch wrote:
> > I assume that you mean 64Mb pkg memory? This is a lot,
> > normally the default/ slightly increased settings should be just fine.
>
> We started with the default settings and got the same error. So we
> increased the value up to 64MB, but the error still occurs :-(
>
> > Does
> > the error happens all the time in the mi_fifo initialization?
>
> Yes.

Hi Christian,

this is really strange. I know its probably not the case, but do you've any
resource limits configured on this machine?

> >  Do you use
> > carrierroute with a large route set, or any other module that needs a lot
> > of memory during startup?
>
> We're using the following modules:
>
> loadmodule "mysql.so"
> [..]
> loadmodule "xlog.so"
>
> We're not using carrierroute and our database is nearly empty.

Have you tried to use only a subset of the modules, and see if the error
happens again? And if you ommit the mi_fifo module, do you get another error?

> Do you have any idea if we can set a higher debug level to get more
> infos about the problem? We already have "debug=6" set in openser.cfg

You could of course always modify the source, to see how much memory the
mi_fifo would like to allocate. But checking the source, i think it should
normally allocate 8192 bytes. So the problem is probably located elsewhere.

Cheers,

Henning