[OpenSER-Users] XMPP Gateway

Ali Jawad ali.jawad at splendor.net
Thu Jan 31 19:33:24 CET 2008

Dear All
I am trying to achieve a setup where users can both chat using XMPP and do voice calls through VOIP. I have already setup eJabberD and I like it's features and I am almost done setting up OpenSer. I have read about the XMPP Gateway module ? If I do use this plugin will this synchronize the users created between the two systems if I do create them on the OpenSer server ?
Has anyone used the module ? If I do use it will the contact lists for the users be stored on the SIP server or the XMPP server ?
What about presence will the XMPP be responsible for the presence changes or the OpenSer server ?

Thanks