[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER - a slow starter?

Lars Skjærlund lars at skjaerlund.dk
Wed Feb 13 10:02:06 CET 2008

Hi Klaus,

> MAybe openser tries t do some DNS lookups which may take long time.
>
> The best would be to set debug=4 and "tail" to the logfile
> (default=/var/log/syslog (or /var/log/messages on RedHat&co)).

I was running at debug level 6 already, and dumping the output to
screen.

However, I actually found the error last night: Beeing new to all this,
I had mediaproxy and proxydispatcher running on the machine - primarily
as a proof to myself that they where installed and seemed to work. I
assumed they wouldn't interfere with OpenSER as long as the support
modules wasn't loaded, but alas, I was wrong: As soon as I stopped
mediaproxy and proxydispatcher, OpenSER started working as expected.

The problem is reproduceable - but I think it's a bit strange
behaviour?

Regards,
Lars
--