[OpenSER-Users] Store Encypted Pwds in MySQL DB

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Feb 6 12:40:16 CET 2008

Hi Ali,

openser supports hashed passwd (instead of clear text) in DB. Actually,
instead of passwd, the DB will contain the HA1 (see auth digest RFC).

You need to set:

modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "ha1")
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", 0)

If you use openserctl to insert the users, be sure you set:
    STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0

in openserctlrc file

regards,
bogdan