[OpenSER-Users] Store Encypted Pwds in MySQL DB

Ali Jawad ali.jawad at splendor.net
Wed Feb 6 12:32:28 CET 2008

Hi All

I am migrating a couple of thousand users from an old sip server with
mysql support to openser with mysql support, the thing is that in the
old server the passwords were encrypted using 3DES and stored encypted
in the MySQL db ...the old SIP server received the passwords using
plaintext converted them to 3DES using perl script and the compared the
result to the password stored in the MySQL DB.

Any ideas about how to achieve something like this in OpenSER "? I.e.
hash the passwords ? Or any other solution ?

I have seen some hashed entries in the MySQL db could they be used for
such purposes ?

Thanks