[Kamailio-Users] Having some issues with openser 1.2.3

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Dec 12 15:27:03 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Krunal Patel wrote:
> We are having setup like openser+radius+mediaproxy.
> Openser version is 1.2.3.

Hi Krunal,

i'd suggest that you update to a more recent version of the server, if you use
this in a production environment, e.g. 1.4.3 that will be released next week.

> When we started to send high volume calls , we get below mentioned ERRORs &
> WARNINGs.
> 1.  /usr/local/sbin/openser[29869]: ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: discarding
> fwd for a cancelled transaction

I think this is harmless. it says you are trying to forward
a request which was already cancelled (this may happen due parallel
processing of the INVITE and CANCEL request). (quoted from some earlier
discussion)

>      /usr/local/sbin/openser[29869]: ERROR:tm:w_t_relay: t_forward_nonack
> failed
>      WARNING: script writer didn't release transaction
>
> 2. WARNING:tm:run_failure_handlers: no UAC or CANCEL support (1, 0)

This are just warnings, you can ignore them. For the first one you need to
release the transaction in the script, google for this error to get more
informations.

> 3.  /usr/local/sbin/openser[29870]: ERROR:nathelper:nh_timer: out of memory
>
> 4.  /usr/local/sbin/openser[29870]: convert_rows: No memory left (openser
> crashed)
>
> As we were using default shared memory for openser, we increased shared
> memory to maximum(2GB) to fix out of bound issue.

This is not caused from a lack of SHM_MEM, its in the private memory pool. You
need perhaps increase the PKG_MEM_POOL size in the config.h file. Also
possible that you've a memory leak, see here for further troubleshouting
hints: http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory

> We checked openser script for memory leacks using valgrind, but did not
> find any memory leack.
>
> During doing relay of CANCEL,in relay route t_on_failure was added. So we
> removed t_on_failure in relay route for CANCEL.
> So WARNING:tm:run_failure_handlers: no UAC or CANCEL support (1, 0) was
> fixed.
>
> Still we are facing,
> 1. /usr/local/sbin/openser[29869]: ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: discarding
> fwd for a cancelled transaction
>     /usr/local/sbin/openser[29869]: ERROR:tm:w_t_relay: t_forward_nonack
> failed
>     WARNING: script writer didn't release transaction
>
> 2.  /usr/local/sbin/openser[29870]: ERROR:nathelper:nh_timer: out of memory
>
> 3. ERROR:usrloc:get_all_db_ucontacts: raw_query failed
>
> 4. rc_avpair_gen: received unknown attribute 80 of length 18:
> 0xA40AA6A78F04D67B03C75F8CA233F008
>
> Will increasing private memory will solve all issues?

Not sure. :-) This are a lot of different errors. Before debugging this
further, i'd suggest that you update to a newer version. Probably at least
some of this problems are already fixed.

Cheers,

Henning