[Kamailio-Users] Simple Proxying?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Dec 11 16:14:37 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/08 00:49, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> Hello,  I'm a newbie with OpenSER/Kamailio so please bear with me.
>> I'm trying to use OpenSER 1.3.4 and rtpproxy to connect two IP PBXs.
>> The two PBXs (and the phones they serve) cannot talk directly to each
>> other, they need to go through my OpenSER system.  One system is a
>> Cisco CallManager cluster (v5.1.3) which I administer and the other is
>> a Mitel system run by another organization.  I have a CentOS box
>> running OpenSER and rtpproxy with two interfaces one on each network.
>> Routing on the CentOS box appears correct as I can ping everything I
>> expect to.  I've gotten OpenSER configured so that SIP messages are
>> sent between the PBXs, but the SDPs aren't getting rewritten properly
>> and the RTP isn't getting passed through the rtpproxy.  I've attached
>> my config so far, can anyone point out where I've gone wrong or point
>> me to some example configs that might help me out?  All of the example
>> configs that I've found so far seem to be oriented towards SIP
>> endpoints.
>>

> is routing working between the two ip interfaces or you need rtpproxy in
> bridge mode? Check:
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/nathelper.html
> http://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openser/trunk/modules/nathelper/examples/alg.cfg?revision=2&view=markup

Well, I've modified my config to look like the above example, but
something still isn't working... The SDPs never get re-written so the
RTP isn't flowing through the rtpproxy.  I've attached my current
config and a packet capture of a call.  I'm sure I'm missing something
simple...  Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

FWIW, rtpproxy is started with:

/usr/bin/rtpproxy -F -s unix:/var/run/rtpproxy.sock -t 0xB8 -m 10000 -M 20000

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"