[Kamailio-Users] openser 1.2.1 errors in the log

toly hippo_big at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 05:28:58 CEST 2008

Hello Daniel,

I have currently 25 users having as a contact each other, so it's 25 times
25 sending subscribe/notify.
UA - bria is set to TCP transport.
So far it's 25 people inside the company, from 9 am all 25 are registered,
so I guess it's 25 connections.
Until today tcp_connection_lifetime was not set so according to the doc it
was 120.
I set it up to 3600.
parameter children was set 28
parameter tcp_children parameter was not set, I set it up to 40. The other
application which is using tcp is sybase module which connects to remote
database. With children=28 there are 428 connection to sybase.

Suppose there will be few thousand users, all UA's on tcp transport.
Then I will have to have tcp_children set to such high number?

Will changing transport for UA's solve this problem?

I found other thread which discusses the same issue:
http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@lists.openser.org/msg02011.html

Do you know by the chance what are children and tcp_children values set up
at iptel.org?

Thanks,
Toly