[Kamailio-Users] Ratelimit outgoing SIP INVITE messages after dispatcher

sergejf serge at elasticall.com
Sat Aug 16 23:48:10 CEST 2008

Hello,

We are connected to several VoIP carriers that impose a calls per second
(CPS) rate limit on their SIP trunks. For example, on TRUNK1 we can only
make call attempts at 10 CPS.

Our calls are originally made by a dialer that does not support rate
limiting, hence it always blasts calls as fast as it can. Upon receiving
these SIP INVITE messages we determine what carrier to use and perform a
mapping to a dispatcher group. Call attempts are then load-balanced between
all SIP trunks from the chosen carrier.

My question is whether it is possible to use the ratelimit module in
conjunction with the dispatcher (or carrierroute) to ensure we don't
overload the carrier SIP trunks? If this is possible, then I wonder how to
configure ratelimit to support a 10 CPS call attempts rate.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the topic!

Serge