[Kamailio-Users] Change the INVITE timer after append_branch()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:55:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

by relaying to yourself after append_branch(), openser will create a
second transaction, but the initial one still remains with its timeout
value. Before append_branch() and relaying to yourself set the timeout
to a new higher value and let me if it works.

On 08/01/08 16:59, Jens Carl wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have call forwarding on no answer and the possibility to set the time
> out for the call. I do this by setting the value of "fr_inv_timer" with
> "avp_fr_timer_avp".
>
> Then when the call is route to user's phone and he has call forwarding
> on no answer activate I overwrite the default INVITE timer with his
> value. If the call is answered with the error message "Request Timeout
> (408)" I replace the RURI with the new number, call append_branch() and
> relay the message to myself.
>
> Now the message goes again to my routing logic and will be relayed. I
> also set a new timeout for the INVITE message, but still the value of
> the customer is used. For example if the users has a ring time of 10
> seconds the second call also rings only for 10 seconds.
>
> How can I set the ringtime after append_branch() to my default value again?
> Is this possible or should I change me routing logic to handle this kind
> of feature? When I have to change it what is the best way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> 	Jens

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com