[Kamailio-Users] Change the INVITE timer after append_branch()

Jens Carl ml04 at reventix.de
Fri Aug 1 15:59:12 CEST 2008

Hello List,

I have call forwarding on no answer and the possibility to set the time
out for the call. I do this by setting the value of "fr_inv_timer" with
"avp_fr_timer_avp".

Then when the call is route to user's phone and he has call forwarding
on no answer activate I overwrite the default INVITE timer with his
value. If the call is answered with the error message "Request Timeout
(408)" I replace the RURI with the new number, call append_branch() and
relay the message to myself.

Now the message goes again to my routing logic and will be relayed. I
also set a new timeout for the INVITE message, but still the value of
the customer is used. For example if the users has a ring time of 10
seconds the second call also rings only for 10 seconds.

How can I set the ringtime after append_branch() to my default value again?
Is this possible or should I change me routing logic to handle this kind
of feature? When I have to change it what is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance
	Jens