[OpenSER-Users] record_route_preset("x.x.x.x:5060; nat=yes"); and search("^Route:.*; nat=yes")

Halomoan Chow halomoan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:58:36 CEST 2007

I copy and paste the logic example generated from sipwise below.
I can see for first request, it marked the sender is behind nat with
record_route(";nat=yes")

In the loose route block, it tries to identify sender if they are behind nat
with search("^Route:.*;nat=yes").

In one sip proxy architecture, after you enter loose_route() function, the
Via with ;nat has gone, right? and the search("^Route:.*;nat=yes") test
would always return false.
Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thank you.

        if(!is_method("REGISTER"))
        {
                if(nat_uac_test("19"))
                {
                        record_route(";nat=yes");
                }
                else
                {
                        record_route();
                }
        }
        if(is_method("CANCEL") || is_method("BYE"))
        {
                end_media_session();
        }

        if(loose_route())
        {
                if(!has_totag())
                {

                        xlog("L_INFO", "Initial loose-routing rejected -
M=$rm RURI=$ru F=$fu T=$tu IP=$si ID=$ci\n");
                        sl_send_reply("403", "Initial Loose-Routing
Rejected");
                        exit;
                }
                if(nat_uac_test("19") || search("^Route:.*;nat=yes"))
                {
                        fix_nated_contact();
                        setbflag(6);
                }