[OpenSER-Users] record_route_preset("x.x.x.x:5060; nat=yes"); and search("^Route:.*; nat=yes")

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Sep 12 09:37:45 CEST 2007

Hi Halomoan,

Mainly because the NAT detection on SIP replied is very poor - you can
check only if the contact address is a private one or not. The other nat
test are not applicable for replies (but only for requests).

Anthow, when you process the request, you learn that the calee is behind
NAT, so you can simple remember this (in RR) than detecting it each time
when receiving a reply.

regards,
bogdan