[OpenSER-Users] Bug in 200 to CANCEL (wrong To_tag)

Thu Oct 25 11:15:41 CEST 2007

Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
> El Tuesday 23 October 2007 14:31:23 Klaus Darilion escribió:
>> And what says the RFC about a proxy which does parallel forking? Then
>> there may be multiple 180 ringing with multiple to tags. Which one
>> should be used?
>
> Hi again.
>
> Note that RFC 3261 assumes parallel forking in a different way as OpenSer
> does. OpenSer just replies **one** final response to UAC but notes what RFC
> 3261 says:

I think it does not assume a different way then Openser - this is just a
race condition: proxy forwards to A and B. A sends 200. proxy sends 200
to caller and CANCEL to B. If B picks up the phone and sends the 200 OK
before the CANCEL arrives then the proxy should forward the 200 OK from
B to the caller too and the caller has to deal to send a BYE to one of
the calls.

Further this race condition is not related to you CANCEL problem as if
there is already a 200 OK there will not be a CANCEL anymore, but a BYE.

regards
klaus