[OpenSER-Users] gateway aspect of LCR module

Miles Scruggs miles.scruggs at wideideas.com
Fri Nov 2 22:15:30 CET 2007

Hi guys,

Great to meet many of you this week at VON and looking forward to
getting together again soon.

We have a question about the gateway aspect which is part of the LCR
module.  We are needing to route to various carriers which the module
handles great, but we are trying to figure out if there is an elegant
way to handle the situation where a carrier provides us with multiple
proxies.  For instance if carrier A provides proxy1 and proxy2,
carrier B etc....  When we get the AVP back which will be our stack to
do serial forking the sequence is dependent on the proxy response (or
lack of response)

For instance if we get a 400 error back from either proxy there isn't
much use in trying the other proxy we need to more along to a
completely different carrier.  For 500 errors or time outs will
continue on using the same carrier.  The obvious ways to do this:  to
abandon the gateway aspect all together and just build logic which we
could use to process what would appear to be a multi demential array
instead of single diminutional array.  I'm just writing to see if
there is a nice out of the box way to handle this scenario, also if
not, is this something which developers would be interested in having
added to the module?

Cheers

Miles Scruggs
Wide Ideas | Operations | miles.scruggs at wideideas.com | 509.525.6522