[Users] changes in database setup scripts

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu May 31 17:07:44 CEST 2007

On Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2007, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> If the serweb table is installed or not has an impact on how
> openserctl operates while adding users.
> I was thinking about adding the following enhancement to the db
> install script:  if the serweb table is installed, perform a sed
> replace operation on openserctlrc for HAS_SERWEB.
> This will avoid the manual step of setting HAS_SERWEB and people
> asking the same question over and over on the mailing list.

You're right,

this questions gets annoying.. But the user probably don't run this setup
script with root privileges, that are needed if you want to modify the
systemwide openserctlrc. And the user can install the rc file in at least
three different places.

Perhaps we can detect in the openserctl script that the user has serweb
installed (e.g. try an select on admin_privileges), and set internally this
variable?

What do you think?

Henning