[Users] Presence Problem - Publish Offline

Anca-Maria Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Mon May 21 11:11:38 CEST 2007

Hello,

What happens here is that the presence module receives a first Publish
from your aplication (that is a Publish with no Sip-If-Match header)
having the basic status closed. In this situation, it does not send
Notify to its watches to prevent descovering that the user is in fact
online by tracking packets.

Hildebrando Trannin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was testing OpenSER presence functionality using eyebeam and a
> softphone developed by my team. The OFFLINE state with eyebeam worked
> perfectly, but with my softphone it didn’t work. I set force_active =
> 1. XML sent by PUBLISH and OpenSER log are below. Can anyone help me?

I don't understand what you mean with the Offline state not working.
Could you please give more details?

> Thanks, Hildebrando
>
> *PIDF XML:*
>
> * *
>
> <?xml xmlns=”urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf”
>
> entity=”sip:hildebrando at voip.maritaca”>
>
> <presence>
>
> <tuple id=””>
>
> <status>
>
> <basic>closed</basic>
>
> </status>
>
> <note>offline</note>
>
> </tuple>
>
> </presence>
>
> The basic difference between my application and eyebeam is that
> eyebeam uses *RPID XML *and I use *PIDF XML*.
>
> *OPENSER LOG:*
>
> * *
>
> 3(26039) PRESENCE: update_presentity: The presentity status is
> offline; do not send notify

regards,

Anca Vamanu