[Users] Openser architectural question

Mike O'Connor mike at pineview.net
Sat Mar 17 01:54:20 CET 2007

vallimamod abdullah wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have currently one openser proxy running on an Intel Xeon 2.8GHz and
> which is
> offering different sip customer services. It works fine, the only
> problem is
> the complexity of the configuration.
>
> For better security and easier maintenance, I have imagined to have
> one openser
> instance per service running on a virtual server (linux vserver).
>
> I would like to hear from the community opinion about the kind of
> problems I
> may encounter with this schema (performance limitations over all).  If
> somebody
> have already built such architecture, I'll be happy to learn from his
> experience !
>
> Thanks.

Hi Vabdulla

I currently have OpenSER 1.1.x running in a vserver with out issues,
your only issue is going to be load. i.e. memory and cpu.

If your system does not use a lot of memory or have a large volume of
calls then running extra vserver clients is not going to be an issue.

I would keep any media path system running on dedicated machines.

Mike