[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER Attributes sending to RADIUS

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:22:07 CEST 2007

Hey everyone,

After quite a bit of google digging I've came across Dimitry's mail that
cleared up
some things that weren't so obvious in the documentation of the ACC module.

He gave the example of using the following code:

modparam("acc", "radius_extra",
"Sip-UA=$hdr(User-Agent);Sip-Via=$hdr(Via[*]); Sip-SDP=$rb")

Which in his case makes use of the Sip-UA, Sip-Via and Sip-SDP attributes
but in the dictionary.sip file
provided with openser/radiusclient-ng these attribute aren't present, there
are other sets of attributes
but not these... And so, I tried adding myself some custom attributes to
both dictionary files,
the one on the freeradius server and the other on openser's radiusclient-ng
server and tried for example this:

ATTRIBUTE       Sip-Src-IP              900 string
ATTRIBUTE       Sip-Src-Port            901    string
ATTRIBUTE       Sip-Hdr-Contact         902    string
ATTRIBUTE       Sip-Hdr-UA              903    string
ATTRIBUTE       Sip-Hdr-From            904    string
ATTRIBUTE       Sip-Hdr-Media           905    string

And then I put in openser's cfg:

modparam("acc", "radius_extra", "Sip-Src-IP=$si")

But it doesn't work, the accounting record on the freeradius server doesn't
show the Sip-Src-IP attribute.
If I change the modparam to use Sip-User-Realm which is defined in the
original dictionary.sip on both
servers then THAT IS added to the accounting record... my question is why?

And the second question, is there a more extensive dictionary.sip file?
How is it possible to add my own custom attributes as well?

Thanks,
Liri.