[OpenSER-Users] openSER crashes while accessing emtpy pseudo-variable $fn in if-clause ?

Rainer Strobel strobel at hfo-telecom.de
Thu Jul 26 11:07:55 CEST 2007

Hello,

while playing around with the pseudo variables whithin openser 1.2.1 I got a strange behavior.
I tried to check if the from-header-name of an invite message is set to
(A|a)nonymous with an simple if-clause.

 if($fn =~"(A|a)nonymous") {
         ...do something ;
 }

It works fine while the from-name variable is not empty.
If the from-header-name in the INVITE message is not given openser crashes exactly on that comparison.

After that I started playing around using other comparisons, for example 'if($fn=~"foo")' or ' if($fn == "foo")' , with the same set-up.
Openser crashed each time processing that if-clause.

I tested this with openser-1.2.1-notls on i386 openSUSE 10.2 with MySQL 5.0.26 and gcc 4.1.2

Can anybody confirm this problem ?

Debuggin informations are available and can be send additional if necessary.

Regards.

Rainer Strobel

HFO Telecom AG
Network Management