[OpenSER-Users] End calls - Send UPDATE

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Fri Aug 31 13:10:37 CEST 2007

Hi Marc,

This particular issue has been discussed on the mailing list.  Please
refer to them for some of the "history" of this issue.

MediaProxy "monitors" the RTP streams and will terminate (ie. send a
STOP accounting record) after a period of inactivity.

>From the Install doc:

Accounting is done by sending the accounting information from the
MediaProxy servers back to the proxy dispatcher, which will log it into
the database.

If the media session timeouts (there is no BYE that closes the session),
MediaProxy will contact back the proxy dispatcher and pass the session
media information to be logged.

More information can be found at: http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/INSTALL

I haven't tested this situation to see of a BYE is actually inserted
into the SIP signaling stream.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Norm