[OpenSER-Users] STUN working!!

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Aug 3 12:50:48 CEST 2007

El Friday 03 August 2007 12:31:44 Dan-Cristian Bogos escribió:
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> in the case of STUN  the connection information is already written
> with public ip,  and could be that it is wrong detected (when it comes
> to port). Therefore u need a way to rewrite this info with the right
> IP as far as I understood (internal in this case, so the people behind
> the same NAT should send media directly to internal ip) . Maybe I am
> mistaken.

Sorry, you are absolutely right, with STUN the client acts as if he is has
public IP, sorry.

> > But when they are behing the same NAT, they cannot reach the other.. In
> > the INVITE and 200Ok SDP fields, they have put their public address with
> > a port reserved with STUN: it's not working!
> > I think that it is because it's difficult for them to reach the public
> > IPaddress/port where they should send the RTP stream from inside the NAT.

Yes, it's an issue that you devices with STUN behind same NAT don't send RTP
directly, but to their router IP public. Anyway it should work, it works in
my network.

Of course the RTP traffic is sent to the IP public of the router, and the
router rewrites that IP to the private IP of the other device. It works as it
must work in a common NAT enviroment, it shouldn't be a problem the fact that
both devices are behind the same NAT.

Do you have a Linux router where you could rnu a tcpdump or ngrep?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es