[Users] thought exercise

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Fri Sep 29 01:43:06 CEST 2006

>> (due to misconfiguration of listen|alias parameters) and that's why it

That can't be it as the box functions normally in less complicated
scenarios.  Besides, I just added what you suggested and it doesn't
make a difference :-)

And, what's the interaction between the "domain" module and how
openser internally recognizes messages intended for itself?

And things work in simpler scenarios.
Let me tell you what makes this more complicated:

When OPENSER-ONE gets a call that is meant for the pstn it
sends back a redirect to the client, redirecting to OPENSER-TWO.

Some clients do start communicating with OPENSER-TWO, but some don't.
They send the new R-URI, mentioning OPENSER-TWO, to OPENSER-ONE.
I want to handle those messages as easily as possible, so right at the
top of route[0] on OPENSER-ONE I have this:

  # kludge, sender should have been redirected earlier,
  # but just in case...

  if (uri=~"@OPENSER-TWO.example.com|@192.0.2.2") {
     log(1, "stateless relay TO pstn gw\n");
     forward();
     exit;
  }

  if ((src_ip==192.0.2.2) && (!is_uri_host_local()))
     log(1, "stateless relay FROM pstn gw\n");
     forward();
     exit;
  }

The first "if" is for stuff addressed to OPENSER-TWO, but sent to OPENSER-ONE.
The second one is for messages coming back the other way.

As I sit and think about this, I'm guessing that I can't get away with
just shuffling the packets back and forth.    But I could do with a
explanation as to how silly this is.

Thanks,
-mark