[Users] thought exercise

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Thu Sep 28 19:21:34 CEST 2006

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of answer I need...

>> Because OPENSER-ONE is not a middle-man, is the proxy responsible for
>> the AoR present in the Route|Req-URI and therefore it must not relay
>> it but recognize it as a request targeted to one of its users.
>>
>> It must process Route Header And after that check the Req URI and send
>> the BYE to the right user, probably using lookup and related...

OK, but this Route Header processing you are talking about is done
inside openser itself, and not driven by my openser.cfg, isn't it?

I know, I know, someone knowledgeable on this list likes to post
something like "openser doesn't do anything without you telling it to
do it" but that's not really 100% true, the tm module does do some
things for you... doesn't it?

So, are you basically saying that my BYE handler is going to be
about as complex as my INVITE and/or REGISTER handlers?
And then the same for ACK?

I don't understand this:

>> It shouldn't be that way because the BYE should contain the Contact:

Are you saying that the BYE's I'm getting are flawed for some reason
as they do not contain any Contact:

BTW, sort of a separate but related question: when would I get a BYE
or ACK with loose_route() true, and when would I get one with
loose_route() false?

Thanks,
-mark