[Users] contact header radius accounting

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Mon Oct 30 05:00:22 CET 2006

hi all,

I'd like to include caller and callee SIP contact header in radius
accounting messages. Our dynamic QoS provisioning framework needs this
information to set up QoS per source/destination IP address pair.

Caller contact header is easily done using radius_extra and setting an
AVP in the INVITE handling route block. But I haven't figured out yet
how I could store the callee's contact header in an AVP. The main
problem I have is that I can't use any AVP related functions in
onreply_route blocks. What I'd like to do is something like

modparam("acc", "radius_extra", \
"Originating-Station-IP=$avp(AVP_ORIG_IP); \
Destination-Station-IP=$avp(AVP_DEST_IP)")

onreply_route[ONREPLY_DEFAULT_RELAY] {

   if (t_check_status("2[0-9]{2}")) {
     avp_write("$ct", "$avp(AVP_DEST_IP)");
   }

}

I've learned from an earlier mail thread
(http://www.openser.org/pipermail/users/2005-October/001272.html) that
enabling AVP functions in on_reply routes would be rather difficult. Is
there still a chance that on_reply AVP handling gets implemented?

And is there an alternative method how this could be achieved without
patching the acc module?

thanks,
Christian