[Users] TLS: has TLS made communication secure? Please help...

Ferianto siregar ferianto_voip at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 09:23:55 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Thank you very much for this chance. Thank you very much for your time to read my problem. Thanks
All, I still get some doubts in understanding TLS because untill now, my lecturer still want me to evidence that the communication with TLS support is secure eventhough I have told him that the securing communication in TLS
is in the encyption method. But, He still does not believe me. In his opinion, He said that I have to evidence it by eavesdropping the communication, so I can show the difference between communication with TLS and the communication without TLS.

Of course, I am confused because as I know frOm the mailinglist and TLS tutorial, it is not necessary to proof because the security is in encryption in TLS.

Does anybody can help me to solve my problem?

Here are some question that I have to ask to you. Maybe the answer that I got from these questions,
can I use to evidence the secure communication in TLS. Please help me..Please

1. Would anybody mind give me or show me the statement which tell the communication in TLS is secure?
2. Would anybody mind give me or show me how the call flow in TLS support?
    (I mean the flow of encrypt call by using TLS)
3. In voIP communication, from where the sniffer can eavesdrop the communication untill TLS is built to protect communication? and by using TLS, is this hole closed ?(so the communication becomes secure?)

Those are the questions. I do hope anybody can give me an answer so I can show it to my lecturer to proof that the TLS communication is secure.
Please give me a suggestion. Please..

Thank you very much :)
Regards,

Ferianto