[Users] Problems with DNS.

nick nick at mobilia.it
Wed Nov 8 11:13:33 CET 2006

Max Gregorian wrote:
> Which is the actual domain name that the server is supposed to be
> responsible for? *sipserver.mobilia.it <http://sipserver.mobilia.it>* or
> just *mobilia.it <http://mobilia.it>* or both?
I think just mobilia.it..

but that's something I haven't been able to understand completely.

> sipserver.mobilia.it <http://sipserver.mobilia.it> seems to be fine:
>
> Domain 	Type 	Class 	TTL 	Answer
> sipserver.mobilia.it <http://sipserver.mobilia.it>. 	A 	IN 	86400
> 89.202.252.16 <http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=89.202.252.16>
> mobilia.it <http://mobilia.it>. 	NS 	IN 	86400 	dns2.nic.it
> <http://dns2.nic.it>.
> mobilia.it <http://mobilia.it>. 	NS 	IN 	86400 	sipserver.mobilia.it
> <http://sipserver.mobilia.it>.
> mobilia.it <http://mobilia.it>. 	NS 	IN 	86400 	ns.mobilia.it
> <http://ns.mobilia.it>.
> ns.mobilia.it <http://ns.mobilia.it>. 	A 	IN 	86400 	151.17.2.2
> <http://151.17.2.2>

Right now, I'd like it to listen for all of mobilia.it (and I'd be
ecstatic)..

Multiple domains will be coming later.

> Are you after a /multi-domain/ setup? As I understand it the domain
> module (if that is what your are using) is meant to be good for
> multi-domain setups, but have you considered keeping it simple and
> testing with a simple setup initially?
>
> Just do:
>
> *listen=udp:89.202.252.16:5060 <http://89.202.252.16:5060>       # IP
> address of Server #
> listen=udp:sipserver.mobilia.it:5060
> <http://sipserver.mobilia.it:5060> # Domain of server #
> *
> I think you will need these, regardless of whether you are using the
> domain module or not. And then I just use:

Holy cow, you can have multiple listen lines!!!

You learn something new every day (it seems I am recently).

> *if (!uri==myself) {*
> *}*
>
> It certainly works for me, even in a multi-domain setup with multiple
> public IPs, if not a little unwieldy.

Cool.

Thanks.