[Users] newbie wants to forward REGISTERs through DMZ to internal SIP server

Simon Barber simon at devicescape.com
Wed Nov 8 07:14:53 CET 2006

Hi All,

I have an internal SIP server that handles registrations, and is used
for incoming and outgoing phone calls. It does not do any
authentication. I'd like to set up SER in my DMZ, and have it:

1. authenticate all requests. (this should be easy - I think I can
handle it, although I would like to get digest -> RADIUS auth against an
Active directory going).

2. forward REGISTER requests to the internal SIP server, both for phones
on the internal network and for phones on the external network.

3. forward INVITE and ACK requests performing the correct handling of
NAT, using RTP helper to forward media when needed.

Right now I'd love to just get the REGISTER requests doing the right
thing. Any help, or even better sample config scripts would be much
appreciated.

Simon