[Users] call forwarding and billing

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 10 17:45:33 CEST 2006

Hi,
  Thanks for the reply bogdan.
  Actually my main requirement was that if a call is transferred to a pstn number,
  the billing has to be properly done; charging the one who actually forwarded the call.
  I was getting the 'Malformed CC-Diversion/Diversion/CC-Redirect Header' from Cisco but it was solved when I sent a proper reason along with the diversion header. Actually I was sending a reason which could not be recognised by Cisco earlier.
  So if the call is going out to a pstn number or is forwarded to a pstn number, I collect the accounting information from the gateway itself, as I beleive it is the best place to look for accounting.
  But just to keep records of the calls that were forwarded to another user, I guess the diversion module wont help and I'll have to look for multi leg accounting only. (Is the thought correct?)

  One more thing, Can you please suggest the best platform to develop a web-interface for openser. Is php the best?? because I've seen most of the interfaces for openser have been developed in php.
  Can someone please give me some advantages of building it in php. Because I was thinking of using asp.net or java jsp for the same.
  Please help me take a proper decision on this so that I can move ahead with the development of the web-interface.

  thanks a lot for all your help...
  jayesh

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
  Hi,

Jayesh Nambiar wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I have implemented the openser.cfg with forwarding and voicemail
> features completely. Only problem is,
> if the user is forwarding the call on a pstn number how should he be
> billed, as the one who has forwarded is accountable and not the one
> who called.
> I have implemented forwarding using avps serial forking method. I've
> read about multiple leg accounting and was not successful in
> understanding it properly. The docs only mention to set the parametrs
> and after I set the params, I get a n/a in src_leg and dst_leg column.
> Can someone pls give me examples of successfully using multiple leg
> accounting in openser.cfg.

id not enough to define the AVP that will keep the source and
destination of each leg, but you also need from the script to populate
them according to your call processing related to forward. If you search
on the list archive, there was a post about multi leg call, containing a
script snapshot.

> Is it like, the call leg accounting will only take place if there is a
> 3XX response from the server. I am asking this as my cfg does not
> produce any 302 response, but creates a brand new Invite request for
> the forwarded call. Can someone pls tell me more about multi-leg
> accounting.

no, it is not related to redirect processing.

> Also I read about the diversion module which can be used in the
> forwarding scenarios.
> But I added the diversion header and forwarded the call to Cisco
> gateway, it gave a 400 Bad Request reponse saying 'Malformed
> CC-Diversion/Diversion/CC-Redirect Header'. Can someone explain what
> does this mean.

it means that the Diversion hdr you added is not accepted by the GW - I
had also this problem once and the solution was to remove all hdr
parameters - the CISCO GW does not like them.

regards,
bogdan