[Users] mysql re-install??

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Tue Jun 13 20:18:01 CEST 2006

>> across different DBs, it means he knows what he is doing and
>> automatically he should take care of versions. Also the version

Therein lies the main problem with the documentation (see previous
thread from a week or so ago about the documentation).  You believe
that certain things should be automatic, while documentation is
usually used to spell out the very things the developers believe to be
automatic, but users do not.

I'm not complaining, I recognize and appreciate the nature of open
source and all that it entails.  But, instead of believing the
documentation is sufficient, I know I'ld feel better if there was some
acknowledgement from the openser.gods that it is lacking.

For example, another recent post of mine could be paraphrased as "How
do I handle X in openser?" and the first sentence of the response was
"If you don't program to handle X then it won't be handled" which is
relatively unhelpful and suggests that all the info is there if only
us users would just read and understand everything both explicitly and
implicitly implied by the written words.

OK, maybe I am complaining, but I'm done now :-)

Thanks,
-mark