[Users] mysql re-install??

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 13 20:07:40 CEST 2006

Mark,

openser provides by default DB conf that works - mainly to avoid common
problems with users mixing different versions of DB installations with
other versions of openser installations.
That's an important  requirement - make it work in the simplest way for
most of the users, even if beginners.

Now, if somebody, wants to set different tables, of spread the tables
across different DBs, it means he knows what he is doing and
automatically he should take care of versions. Also the version
mechanism is the last alarm for such situations. If you changed the DB
scheme, the version issue should make you aware that you need to be
careful with the changes and to respect the table formats.

regards,
bogdan