[Users] DNS CNAME query in openser?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Feb 2 16:55:41 CET 2006

Hello Greg,

On 02/02/06 16:44, Greg Fausak wrote:
> What I want to be able to do is
> have a variable in openser, and assign that to my domain for enum.
>
> For example, psuedo code:
>
> mydomain = get_from_number + '.' + get_from_domain;
>
> newdomain = get_cname(mydomain);
>
> modparam("enum", "domain_suffix", newdomain);
>
> or, forget the cname part, just:
>
> mydomain = get_from_number + '.' + get_from_domain;
> modparam("enum","domain_suffix",mydomain);
This is not possible to do it in configuration script.

> As it is, I hacked a function that does what I want.
> It would be easier if the ser language was more procedural, so I
> can invent stuff like this on the fly.  I've noticed that most of
> the functions that are called in the modules don't return any strings
> directly.
Indeed, the script functions returns integer values:
 >0 - true
0 - exit from script
<0 - false
>   Does avp let me write a function that returns a string so I can use
> the value later?
Yes, you can store the result in an AVP. Many script functions do so.
For example, the authentication module loads user specific AVPs if
authentication succeeds, or, avp_printf() function prints a formated
string in an AVP, lcr module adds the destinations in AVPs, and the
examples can go on.

I am currently working on AVP stuff to allow dynamic names for AVPs and
several (many) other enhancements.

Best regards,
Daniel