[Users] DNS CNAME query in openser?

Greg Fausak lgfausak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:44:16 CET 2006

What I want to be able to do is
have a variable in openser, and assign that to my domain for enum.

For example, psuedo code:

mydomain = get_from_number + '.' + get_from_domain;

newdomain = get_cname(mydomain);

modparam("enum", "domain_suffix", newdomain);

or, forget the cname part, just:

mydomain = get_from_number + '.' + get_from_domain;
modparam("enum","domain_suffix",mydomain);

As it is, I hacked a function that does what I want.
It would be easier if the ser language was more procedural, so I
can invent stuff like this on the fly.  I've noticed that most of
the functions that are called in the modules don't return any strings
directly.  Does avp let me write a function that returns a string so
I can use
the value later?

-g