[Users] t_relay does not follow RFC3263 "Locating SIP Servers"

Mon Sep 5 11:56:25 CEST 2005

Hi Franz!

1. openser does not do NAPTR lookups as defined in step 1 of 3263. It
starts with step 2 (SRV lookups)

2. Are you sure there are NAPTR records for your domain?
   $ dig fenet2.at NAPTR

   ; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> fenet2.at NAPTR
   ;; global options:  printcmd
   ;; Got answer:
   ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

3. If the URI contains the transport=tcp paramter, SRV lookups for _tcp
will be done, otherwise _udp will be used.

IMO, if no transport paprameter is present, openser should also try _tcp
  if _udp fails.

regards
klaus