[Users] openser2openser

Alexander Ph. Lintenhofer lintenhofer at aon.at
Wed Oct 5 18:37:19 CEST 2005

Hi Klaus,

> Alexander Philipp Lintenhofer wrote:
>
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> TLS: Is this feature already tested with version 0.10.x? Is it
>> necessary that
>> both proxies are under the same root-CA or is it possible to define
>> different
>

> up to now I did not tested it, I just read the README. If I understand
> it correctly, than you can import as man CA certs as you like.

OK, that is also my state of information. So you import the root
certificates of
all trusted domains with which you want authentification.

>> trust anchors by distributing root certificates? Or do I need a
>> cross-path
>> mechanism to deal with this problem?
>

> At the moment I'm having problems figuring out how the server
> certificate must look like.

The standard is X509v3.

> e.g. a lookup for sip:klaus at example.net may lead to another domain
> using SRV. Which domain must be in the certificate? Where in the
> certificate (Subject? Subject alternative name? ...)

The SRV-Request yields the resonsible sipserver of example.net.
According to
RFC3261 the subject of the certificate must correspond to the canonical
hostname of this server.
I believe that your outbound proxy exchanges his certificate with the
inbound of
example.net for mutual authentification. So regarding RFC 2246 both need
a way
to validate the other cert. -> ?

regards,
philipp