[Users] Setting t_relay() timeout in lcr

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sat Nov 26 03:09:54 CET 2005

Yes. I have read sections 1.3.17 and 1.3.18 of the module documentation for lcr.
That's why I made the post.

Section 1.3.17 says:
'Sets the value of the fist INVITE's Final Response timeout to be used during sequential forwarding:"

Section 1.3.18 says:
"Sets the value of the next INVITE's Final Response timeouts to be used during sequential fowarding:"

So, I went and set:
modparam("lcr","fr_inv_timer",2)
modparam("lcr","fr_inv_timer_next",2)

and it had no effect on the timeout that t_relay() used.
However, when I set:
modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 1)

it _DID_ have an effect in the timeout that t_relay() used.

I _have_ experimed with the variables and functions WAY more than I would have if the documentation was complete. Experimenting with the functions showed me that t_relay() is always returning 0, even when there is a failure.

My question therefore stands. Why does setting fr_inv_timer and fr_inv_timer_next have no effect? What is the relationship between the settings in the tm module and the lcr module? Why are there two settings? Which should I use? Why does t_relay() always return 0 even on failure? I could be doing things completely wrong, as there is a lack of good examples accompanying the documentation, and it's easy to see the documentation was written by the same people who wrote the code - there's an assumed level of knowledge when reading it that most people don't have.

Douglas.