[Users] Re: [Serusers] help harry...and hopefully return us back to sanity

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 15:05:22 CET 2005

see inline

harry gaillac wrote:

>>1 You have ser and asterisk running. Both have a
>>public IP address, and
>>asterisk runs on port 5050 and ser 5060
>>

>OK
>

>>2. You want asterisk to handle INVITE and REGISTER
>>via SER....my
>>question is why do you want the UA to register in
>>SER and asterisk
>>

>SER handle IM/presence Asterisk telephony features MOH
>ACD IVR PSTN

Okay lets start and see if asterisk is working, can you make calls from
UA --> ser --> asterisk --> PSTN, or use IVR features of asterisk ?

>>3. Or do you want SER to handle the REGISTER, INVITE
>>and then when
>>IM/presence is needed to use asterisk
>>

>Asterisk do not support IM/presence that's why  i want
>to mix ser+asterisk
>

>>4. Can you explain what you have till now, do you
>>have UA registering
>>with SER, and maiing calls to each other (without
>>asterisk)..i.e normal
>>calls IP <---> IP, with either or both of them
>>behind a NAT...if not do
>>this first, ignore the rest.
>>

>All is ok with SER for registration nat

But with ser on its on, can two UA calls each other ?

>Asterisk is the registrar ser forward INVITE and
>REGISTER to asterisk
>according to ser.cfg ser forward requests to asterisk
>it's ok for registration

Why do you want to REGISTER the UA in ser and then in ASTERISK, ?

>>5. If 4 is correct, then have you got asterisk and
>>ser connected
>>together, i.e talking to each other
>>

>Yes i use asterisk as PSTN gateway voicemail system
>with database

Okay ignore first reply, I didnt realis this.

>I just can not solve the contact in sip hf.
>Asterisk receive from ser contact sip:user at private ip

Can you send a ngrep of UA --> ser --> asterisk of your call