[Users] OpenSER Capability query

Rahul Iyer effectel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 02:02:48 CET 2005

Hello Group,

I am a new user to this software. I have a couple of questions, and would
really appreciate if someone can take time to clarify.
1. Is OpenSER the same as SER? If no, is there a huge difference?
2. Does any of the above have any media processing capabilities? Eg, say
    there are 2 SIP endpoints one can talk only G711 and the other only G729.
    Can SER/OpenSER act as a Gateway for these 2? I would assume no,
    but are there any modules that can enable this?

Thanks