[Users] cpl scripts and pstn gateway authentication

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 15 13:06:38 CET 2005

Hi Günther,

if you do serial forking by using cpl, is quite difficult to set and add
any specific header to advertised the party to be billed - and this is
due the encapsulation of the cpl interpreter : once you started, you
have your hands off the execution and you cannot control it or attach
additional stuff to it.

indeed,  a small possibility is by setting a script route to be executed
just before cpl forwards a request:
    http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/cpl-c.html#AEN111
it will help you to make last changes on the request - adding headers,
etc. But the remaining problem is to actually set the URI to be billed
during cpl execution. Each time the cpl does a serial fork, it will have
to update that URI...I thing this is the missing piece.

If you use only scripting, you have full flexibility :).

regards,
bogdan