[Users] Re-invites

Dave ddx71 at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 18 20:23:08 CEST 2005

Hi,
Can someone please help me to get a better understanding how re-invites are handled in openser.cfg. I'm having difficulty understanding the follow:

Scenario: UA1 <---> OPENSER <---> UA2

1) Definition: Is re-invite refer to a "new" INVITE that is sent by a UA so that some modifications can be made to a session (put on hold e.g.) ? Or is RE-INVITE referred to a re-transmission of an INVITE by an entity because no response was received to the prior INVITE?

2) If a REINVITE is sent by UA1 inorder to put UA2 "on hold", how and where would it be handled in openser.cfg?

How can I play MOH if UA1 puts UA2 on hold?

3) If a REINVITE is sent by UA1 because it got no response from Openser (packet got lost), will this INVITE be handled any differently from 2)

4) The document in Onsip.org mentions that a RE-INVITE will have a to_tag attached to it.

 4.1) Is this refering to a REINVITE generated by SER OR an REINVITE received by SER??

4.2) Under what situations would this reinvite be generated?

4.3) The doc mentions that this REINVITE would be handled by loose_route(). Why?

Any answers will be highly appreciated.
Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com