[Users] new features for avpops

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:20:25 CEST 2005

On 7/13/05, Elena Ramona Modroiu <ramona at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> *** A new function is now available to perform integer operations with
> avps:
>
> avp_op("source/destination", "operator/value/flags")
>
> the result of this function is the evaluation of the expression:
> 'destination' = 'source' 'operator' 'value'. If the 'destination' is not
> specified, then a new avp having the name and type of 'source' will be
> created.

I'm just wondering, why SER developers chose that way of implementing
it's own language for configuration/scripting.  Now we have
_functions_ for such simple operations as addition etc.

Why not just embedding some widely used language like python (perl or
other) into SER?

I think that would save much of en effort.

--
Timur Irmatov, JID: thor at jabber.org.au.