[Users] using TM fr_inv_timer_avp (OpenSER 1.0)

Wed Dec 14 16:51:36 CET 2005

Hilco de Lathouder wrote:

> If there is an incoming request for, say, user 399 at domain.com i want to
> load an alternate fr_invite_timer using AVP. According to the TM module
> docs, this is supported with the parameter fr_inv_timer_avp.
> I've studied the AVP & TM docs but i still don't fully understand how to
> get this working. Do I have to use avp_load statements, or does the TM
> module automaticaly recognize the right user ?

I do it this way:

# -- tm params --
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "i:103")
# default INVIT timeout if not set via AVP
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 60)
# set noisytimer to get a CANCEL in all cases
modparam("tm", "noisy_ctimer", 1)
modparam("tm", "restart_fr_on_each_reply", 0)

modparam("avpops","avp_aliases","fr_inv_timer=i:103;cansipuri=i:104;)

in route:

if (uri =~ "sip:klaus at darilion.com") {
      t_on_failure("1");      # to voicemail after 28 seconds
      avp_write("i:28","$fr_inv_timer");
}

> Another question is, if i rewrite the user's URI, what will happen with
> the AVP?

The AVPs belong to the transaction.

klaus