[Users] check_from

Wed Aug 3 12:13:11 CEST 2005

Timur Irmatov wrote:
> Thanks for replying!
>
> To clarify my case, I want to add that I use auth_radius for authentication.
>
> So, I have two options:
>
> 1) Stop using radius. Authenticate through DB. Use check_to &
> check_from from uri_db;

You do not have to stop radius. Authentication is usually 2 steps:

   1. verify auth-username and auth-password using the ..._authorize
functions. Here you can use radius or db

   2. verify that the auth-username corresponds with the from: username.
This will be done by check_from, which may use a db for verification.

Thus, you will use radius for step 1 and DB for step 2.

regards
klaus