[SR-Users] Interactions of dmq_usrloc and usrloc w/db_mode > 0

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Sep 26 16:05:26 CEST 2022

Hi,

Are there any known contraindications for replicating contacts using dmq/dmq_usrloc, and injecting those contacts into a database on one of the nodes using usrloc with `db_mode` 1 or 2?

Predictably, this is being done to support the use-case of getting registration status from database. If you think this should be done with JSONRPC, I am in complete agreement with you, but it’s not up to me. :-)

I am doing this with `db_mode` 2 now, and finding that, for a small number of AORs, one can find instances where they are consistently stored in memory but not present in the `location` table. The overall proportion of these AORs, out of thousands, seems to be quite small. It was initially somewhat higher, and it went down once I increased usrloc `timer_processes` and increased the sync interval from 30 to 60 seconds.

Nevertheless, it is still non-zero, and I am getting intermittent reports. I wonder if there are some prior experiences with this and anything to watch out, or if `db_mode` 1 might be a superior choice. I personally cannot see how that would be; it seems to have all the performance downsides of mode 3. But perhaps if something about it is more “problem-free” vis-a-vis DMQ, it’s worth a shot?

— Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)