[SR-Users] play_media sounds interrupted

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Tue Oct 11 14:35:36 CEST 2022

On 09/10/2022 10.52, [EXT] Stepan Kislyakov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using latest kamailio 5.6.2 and rtpengine.
>
> I need to play announcement to both parties when call is answered by
> callee. Now I run play_media in event route but when audio start
> announcement sounds like we have a 50% packet loss. After it is
> completed there is no problem with audio both sides.  I figured out
> that if i do block_media() my announcement play perfectly but i dont
> understand how to do unblock_audio() after announcement ends.

The duration of the media playback is returned from the play_media()
command (see `media_duration` modparam). You could use some sort of
timer to invoke media unblocking after media playback ends. Sadly my
Kamailio-Fu isn't strong enough to be able to tell you how to run this
sort of timer. :)

Cheers