[SR-Users] Siptrace and Kamailio "stress" test

Igor Olhovskiy igorolhovskiy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:27:45 CET 2022

Hello,

Found an interesting scenario, maybe something could be done here.
I have a siptrace module configured like

modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "sip:<MY_HOMER_SERVER>:9060")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 3)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 1)

When Kamailio is under stress test (sipflood via OPTIONS/TLS), with this
settings it transfers all flood to HOMER server.

At some point Kamailio just stops accepting any new TLS connections.

Turning off siptrace solves this issue.

As I got, siptrace module is not changing protocol of the message (means
not converting TCP/UDP) or so. Could it be possible, that at some point
siptrace "eats" all TCP connections (especially if remote HOMER is down or
not answering) which leads Kamailio to stop processing any new connections?

And is it possible to send HEP traffic only via UDP to prevent this?

Yes, sure other option is to trace only "legal" traffic

--
Best regards,
Ihor (Igor)