[SR-Users] Info: converting dokuwiki content to markdown files

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:31:07 CEST 2022

Thanks for the useful details about hugo!

For the records, in the past we used the mkdocs for a couple of
tutorials, like the one for KEMI framework or install guidelines, eg:

  * https://www.kamailio.org/docs/tutorials/devel/kamailio-kemi-framework/

Built from:

  *
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio-docs/tree/master/kamailio-kemi-framework

But I can't say I am that familiar with it to assert if it is the best
one for the wiki, which has lot of content and some pages could end up
with large ToC (e.g., the cookbooks for core, variables, ...).

Anyhow, let's have it in the list and see if we get more feedback or
other suggestions from the community.

On 10.05.22 13:01, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ideally it is an app that can run on or behind a http server/proxy and
>> serve html pages generated from the .md files directly from the folder
>> with the clone of the github repo. But maybe I ask too much and adapting
>> the wiki structure for a static site generator from .md files is enough
>> or even better.
> I have been slowly converting my own content to hugo.   It's a very
> straightforward static site generator, and it runs very quickly.
>
> It also has a built-in webserver, and by default it watches the content
> files and provides the built website on port 127.0.0.1:1313.  This is
> intended for previewing while editing - once you save a file the browser
> window gets the new content in under a second.
>
> So if you either make hugo use your layout, or adapt to hugo's idea of
> layout (which is quite sane), then not only can bits be pushed to a
> server, but "hugo server" will make them available.
>
> So if I were tackling this, of all the options listed, I would lean
> strongly to hugo.

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online: June 20-23, 2022
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/