[SR-Users] Info: converting dokuwiki content to markdown files

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue May 10 13:01:47 CEST 2022

Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> writes:

> Ideally it is an app that can run on or behind a http server/proxy and
> serve html pages generated from the .md files directly from the folder
> with the clone of the github repo. But maybe I ask too much and adapting
> the wiki structure for a static site generator from .md files is enough
> or even better.

I have been slowly converting my own content to hugo.   It's a very
straightforward static site generator, and it runs very quickly.

It also has a built-in webserver, and by default it watches the content
files and provides the built website on port 127.0.0.1:1313.  This is
intended for previewing while editing - once you save a file the browser
window gets the new content in under a second.

So if you either make hugo use your layout, or adapt to hugo's idea of
layout (which is quite sane), then not only can bits be pushed to a
server, but "hugo server" will make them available.

So if I were tackling this, of all the options listed, I would lean
strongly to hugo.